HANDS ON HERITAGE presents
Sightseeing in Egypt with Ibn al Haytham
|Original Hands On Heritage Light Graffiti|
Come and explore the exciting Science of Light as we travel through Medieval Egypt with optics pioneer Ibn al Haytham.
In this hands-on workshop, students will experience
- The Medieval World through the eyes of Ibn al Haytham
- Timelining achievements in the ‘Dark Ages'
- How light travels using a pinhole camera
- The Story of the 'Mad Scientist'
- 'Persistence of vision' by making moving images
- Creating light graffiti (where dark facilities available)
- Using Ibn al Haytham's scientific method to create an object that helps light up shanty towns across South east Asia.